Friday, October 17, 2008

Hello? Where are you?

To all of you who continue to wonder if I'm alive still, the answer is yes. I have been in a bit of a funk lately and I just can't seem to get out of it. I have decided that this may be a part of my life that I will have to "endure" because I can't seem to quite get rid of it. Maybe it stems from the years of depression that I dealt with. But whatever the case, I can't stand it when I feel like this.

I have tried several things in an attempt to somehow get myself out of this rut like canning tomatoes!! Yes, I did it all by myself with only one phonecall to my canning guru :) I was so proud. I'm getting more and more domestic which makes me feel like I'm getting more and more self-reliant! Yippee! Here are some photos from the exciting event...


Fresh tomatoes......to blanched & peeled tomatoes.


Tomatoes are now canned and in the steamer!
(Ok, so I realize that I need to converse with the "taking pictures of herself" guru...you know who you are...because I'm awful at it and it doesn't help that I'm not wearing any make up. But going "all-natural" sometimes feels good to me!)


The finished product. I ran out of pints so I had to make a quart out of the final bunch. I'm not sure exactly how I'll be using these but I'm excited to find out!

Pretty cool -huh?- :)

Next year I'm gonna have my own garden and I'm gonna can my own veggies. But I do want to thank those of you who donated to the "Teaching Celeste How To Can" fund. You can see that your donations were used in an appropriate manner :)

So, that was one way that I tried to lift my spirits and it did work for a while. I felt like I accomplised something which always makes me feel better.

My next post will probably explain one of the "whys" I'm in a slump.

4 comments:

  1. Great job!! I love leaving the bottles on the counter and just looking at them and giving myself a pat on the back for all my domestic accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way COOL!!!! you totally rock. I'm impressed and the tomatos look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very impressed-haven't tried canning yet-too scared of messing it up. That's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that tomatoes are pretty work intensive, so I've never tried them. Good work! I've kind of been in a funk the last couple of days too. Maybe it's the fall-turning-into-winter funk.

    ReplyDelete