Wednesday, September 5, 2007

...the addiction continues......

I stayed up until 2 am last night, reading the beginning of the 2nd book! After about, oh, 3 1/2 hours of dreams filled with story lines that I hoped would come next in the book, I woke up!! Then my mind was going a mile-a-minute because I just had to know if what I hoped was going to happen, was actually going to happen. After about 30min of tossing and turning because my mind wouldn't let me fall asleep, I finally gave in and turned on the light and began reading again!! All today I continued to read, any spare moment, which were plentiful since Hannah's in school all day and Gabe takes two 2 hour naps, and by about 6 pm I had finished the 2nd book!! All 563 pages of it!! That is definitely a world's record for me!! :) I have to say that the 2nd book was very intense and I actually felt like I was forgetting to breath a lot of the times!! I felt myself not wanting to turn the page because I wasn't sure I was going to be able to handle what might be next!! It was almost emotionally overwhelming to read!!! BUT it was WONDERFUL!!!!

So, tonight I hope that I won't be compelled to read than more that an hour or two because the 3 1/2 hours of sleep that I received last night is not happenin' for me!! I actually am hopeful I will be able to read this book slower because it's the last one she has released!! What am I going to do until the next one comes out?!? I'll have to reread the three I have over and over again, just to get my fix!!! Truly Unbelievable!!!

I did want to point out one thing that I meant to state on the last post and that is that these books are not "LDS" books!! They are written by an LDS author but have nothing to do with my faith. So for my Friends who aren't LDS, you'll be fine to read these. The New York Times has "Twilight" listed as the best book of the decade so far!!! That should tell you how good these are :)

Enjoy because I know I will :)

2 comments:

  1. You know, most books can be quite addicting once you get into them...if you need any recommendations while you wait for the next book...I've got some good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for the book at Wal-mart, no luck. I did find a recipe book instead. Now I'm curious what type of fiction book could enthrall a non-fiction book person. If I find it, I will have to add it to the stack of 12 books I already plan on reading (well, I've been planning on it for years, the stack just gets bigger!) I'm glad you found something fun to read.

    ReplyDelete