Saturday, September 1, 2007

Quick Thought..."Putting Things into Perspective"

Most of you may have heard about the little girl who had gotten into a severe wreck with her family, on their way to Idaho. Most of you may know that they are from our Stake and that they lived in White Hills. Most of you may know the outcome and that this little girl's mother, father, and 2yr old sister were all killed in the wreck, leaving her the sole survivor of the family. Some of you may have been affected from this hitting so close to home. So, that was a few weeks ago and the little girl's family has been buried and she is now with relatives. A tragic story that really hit me hard, because we really never know when we will return to our Heavenly home. I have pondered several times wondering how Hannah would handle such a situation if that were us and she were the sole survivor! I have decided to do even more "sentimental" stuff for my children, just in case I die before they are really old enough to remember me. My grandfather died when I was 12 and I lived next door to him from about the age of 5, and I still have very few memories that are clear in my mind. The fear of Hannah not really remembering me, haunts me!!

So anyway, I had thought about the above tragedy and contemplated what changes I was going to make in my life. The sorrow from the situation has slowly faded, until just minutes ago.

Greg is on our Stake High Council, and today he is overseeing the Stake baptisms. He had quickly come home for lunch and told me that he was going to be there a little longer than the schedule had planned for because there had been a slight change in it. One of the families had moved their baptism to the end spot extending his time there about an hour. I began to be annoyed but before I could get too deep into my annoyance, Greg's face told me that I had no right. He went on to say that the baptism that was moved was for that little girl who lost her family and that family & friends were coming from all over to come support her (approx 175) on this day that she had looked forward to and planned on spending, being baptized by her father.

So here I sit, once again extremely sorrowful for that little girl and the situation that was placed before her but completely grateful that she has so many friends and family to come support her with this wonderful choice she is making. May God truly bless her and her family and may we never take any moments for granted!!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, it sure does put things into perspective. Thanks for sharing the story. It reminds me to be so thankful for what I have right now, my kids, & husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!
    I remember Pres. Draper talking about this a few weeks ago, but hadn't thought much about it again, thankyou for putting it in such a manner that we can all learn from. You are such a great person, thanks for your example!!! :)

    ReplyDelete