Thursday, September 20, 2007

What to do?!?

So, here I sit with NOTHING to do!! I am so bored! I clean, but it doesn't help, I could scrapbook but I don't want to pull it all out, I could go shopping but I seriously don't want to leave the house, I even suppose I could go work in the yard but it's just not going to help!!! My life has been so entertained by the Twilight series that I can't imagine not being engulfed in it! I realize that I must move on--since the 4th book isn't out for another year and since I've already read the other 3, almost three times each--but for whatever reason, I just can't. I have to have my daily Edward/Bella fix which has now turned into a longing for what's coming next in their story. How can I make the time fly?!? Yesterday, while shopping at Smith's (our local grocery store) I was so desperate to find something to take my mind off of those books, that I actually purchased another book while I was there. Now, I have always been the person who laughed at the thought of Smith's even selling books! Who in their right mind would buy a book from Smith's?!? Come-on now!! So now I understand...the books are there for those of us who are overcoming an addiction and become so desperate that we'd overpay for a book that we're more-than-likely aren't going to like!! It all makes sense now!!

I did start the new book but my mind kept drifting away to Edward and Bella's story!! It was so weird! I suppose I am just going to have to take this a day at a time and hope for the best. Hopefully the upcoming holiday season will fill the empty space left inside me :) If not, I'm sure I'll have the 3 books read about 10 times each by the time the 4th one comes out!! I am so pathetic!!

I would like to welcome the newcomers to the Twilight fan club which include Jennifer B., Ashley H. (who seems just as addicted as I am), Michelle H., and Aubry H. I am so glad that we can all enjoy the same addiction but I'm hoping that your detox process goes better than mine is :)

Is there anyone out there who can give me any advice on some good books to read? I'm not sure if the over-priced book I recently acquired is going to hold my interest. Let me know if you have any suggestions! :)

3 comments:

  1. Alright, so I haven't read these books, but as one who reads a lot I have plenty of books at my house you're welcome to go through and I have tons of suggestions of ones I know they have at the library. What book did you buy anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book I bought is called "At First Sight". They claimed that is was #4 bestseller right now. It's written by Nicholas Sparks. I read a little more today but again, it's just not as good as the Twilight books. At least to me :) But I may take you up on your offer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should try harry potter. I just finished my obsessive reading of all them and now, seriously, catch myself missing harry and being so sad that the story is over. I sound like a lonely loner, dont I? lol

    ReplyDelete