Ok, so I admit, I do NOT like to read, well, except for the scriptures, of course. I have never really enjoyed sitting down and reading a book! It's just not me (as sad as that fact may be). Well, while visiting teach this month, I had one of my sisters on my route insist I read the books that she has recently became addicted to. I took the book from her out of kindness and told her I would read a little if I had time.........well, here I am not having time for anything else BUT reading this book!!! I finished it off today, I think I read 220 pgs!!! I didn't even get my stack of dished done in my sink! And as soon as I finished the first book, I HAD to run out and buy the 2nd & 3rd!! So, here I am leaving my house at about, oh, 6:45pm when Hannah usually starts getting ready for bed at 7pm!! But that wasn't going to stop me..."she can sleep in the car" I justified in my own brain!! So off I went to Walmart, which didn't have it, so then I decided to go to Deseret Book. Ok, while I was in the Walmart for 30min. some HUGE storm had blown in and I could hardly see infront of my face because the wind was blowing so hard and there were tree branches down all over the place, and carts flying everywhere, but was that going to stop me?!?!? NO WAY!!! Off we went to the book store which is in the same shopping area as Walmart!! I finally made it into the store, Gabe's head covered with a blanket-which he fought the whole way in- and Hannah grasping my other arm with a death grip becuase she didn't want to open her eyes for fear of a tree branch smacking her in the face or maybe she said she didn't want dirt in her eyes, whatever it was, she wasn't opeing her eyes for nothing!!! But we made it in the store, all in one piece!!! Then the hunt was on!! Where were the books?? I did a quick walk thru but didn't see them so I went up to the counter to ask the worker if he knew where they were. Once up there I realized that I didn't know the author's last name, I only knew her first name was Stephanie. As soon as her first name was out of my mouth, the worker said, "....Meyer!" I was floored!! He knew exactly who I meant and I hadn't even told him the name of the first book!! He quickly took me to the books and I picked up a copy of the 2nd and 3rd book. The first was gone and he says that it's really hard to keep any of them on the shelf so I was lucky to find two at the same time!!
So, here I am at home getting ready to snuggle in with my new addiction.....sorry chocolate covered pretzels but there's someone new in town and it's a lot less fattening!!!! The kids are in bed, my mom is at my grandmother's, and Greg is in Denver!! I have all evening to read as much as I can in the second book. To put this into perspective for those of you who know me too well, I am actually foregoing watching "Big Brother" tonight so that I can read this book!!! That's how much I am addicted!!!!
So, of course I am going to recommend all of you out there to read these books!! They truly are moving, completely amazing!!! And for those of you who "don't read" like me, do it anyway, you'll be happy you did!!
Here's the info....
Author: Stephenie Meyer--she graduated from BYU with a degree in English Lit.
1st book "Twilight"
2nd book "New Moon"
3rd book "Eclipse"
She states on her website that there will be 9 books in the series and that they will be making a movie of the first ones in the near future. You have to check it out!!! And if you chose not to, you can't blame me when you realize how much you've missed out on :)
Happy Reading!!! :)
Are you sick?? Do I need to check your tempurature? Somethign better than fudge covered pretzels (you know those would be great to eat while you are reading the books...kind of multi-tasking). It is scary how similar we are. I did however get hooked on the Work and the Glory all those years ago. So now I'm even scared to open one of Stephanie's books. :o) I'll have to check the web-site out. By the way I'm glad you didn't get swept away in the storm, all for a book! :o)
ReplyDeleteI've heard the books are great. I'd only heard about them a couple weeks ago, but apparently they are very addicting. Celeste, once I can get a hold of the first one--I may have to beg the next couple off you just to see what all the commotion's about!
ReplyDelete