Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Despise Wal-Mart!!!

Let me just say a few words about how much I can't stand shopping at Walmart!! After shopping and only finding about half of the items I needed, because they were out of EVERYTHING, I headed to the front with my "not-as-full-as-it-should-have-been" cart to check out. I decided to go to the self checkout because I was in a hurry and only had a hand full of items. The place was a mad house and the lines were forever long! I committed to a line and started the waiting process. All I have to say is "if you don't know how to use the self checkout system, please don't get in front of me when I'm in a hurry!!!" That's what I have to say to the man who had 4 items, 2 of them were produce. He tried multiple times to attempt to weigh and ring up his produce which weren't successful. The worker on duty who was making her rounds to all the self checkout stations, came to his rescue, oh I'd say about 5 times!!! HELLO?!? Why don't you just do it for him?!? I was livid. Finally by the 5 time or so, she finally realized that he wasn't going to go anywhere unless she helped him out, instead of just resetting his register. So, I took a deep breath while his receipt printed and told myself that the nightmare was over. All I had in front of me now, was a lady with 5 kids and about 8 items! I mean, how hard could that be, right? Well between the facts that every kid wanted to scan an item by themselves and that the older kid kept sitting on the bagging station making the register freeze up because the weight was incorrect(on purpose, mind you), I thought I was going to lose it!!! Then when the little girl weighing the produce kept leaning on the scale with her elbows making the weighing incorrect, I seriously could feel my face, like it was on fire!! I was completely beside myself. I kept telling myself that this won't mean a thing in the eternities!! But the final straw was when the lady tried to check out and the register froze up again! She had to wait for a good 5 minutes, I'd say, for the worker to come help her fix the problem. By this point, it took all the self control that I have to keep the tears from flowing from my eyes!! I WAS SO MAD!!! LIVID!!! I SERIOUSLY COULDN'T THINK OR SEE STRAIGHT!! I had been in line for over 30 minutes!! 30 MINUTES!!!!! Can you believe that?!? I kept considering going to another line but they were all so long and they didn't seem to be moving either! Well, I finally made it out of the store but not before the alarm went off and the worker had to check all my bags with the items on my receipt first! I think by that point I had literally shut down. I didn't even try to process the rage inside of me!

On the way home Greg called and I vented to him because I had to let it all out!! Poor Greg!! But when I got home, Greg had a surprise for me...

He had bought me a dozen roses, just because!! I tried to let go of the anger and realize that truly, my Walmart experience doesn't mean a thing in the eternal perspective, my eternal relationships are what's important!!

BUT that doesn't mean I have to go back to Walmart, right?!? We'll see how I do because I am quite the bargain shopper and their prices are much cheaper. I'll have to weigh the pro's and con's. I'll keep you posted :)

2 comments:

  1. How cute Greg bought you flowers! That was so sweet. I'm sorry you had such a pain at walmart. I have times like that. HOW FREAKING hard is it to scan things. AAAAAAHHHHHHH! I totally understand. Or they have 8 items (EXACTLY THE SAME BY THE WAY) and they have to look at all 6 sides of the package before scanning it. Like they forgot where the scan bar is after the first one. Trust me I've had my moments of hating Walmart but where else are we supposed to shop without spending an arm and a leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are beautiful! Good job Greg! I do have to say that walmart can be one of the worst places to shop, but amazingly enough if you go to a different one---NOT AF (for that matter, not Orem either)---the experience is better! I think we all have the walmart horror stories--too bad they weren't expensive it'd be easy to stop going!

    ReplyDelete