Sunday, September 9, 2007

Yes! I'm still alive!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still alive and kicking. I will shortly begin returning emails and phone calls!! To those of you who came to my door and I was unable to answer it because I couldn't put my book down, even just for a second, it is now OK to again come knocking!!

Not last night but the night before, I finished the 3rd book in the Twilight series. And of course, it left me hanging not knowing exactly what will happen even if it's implying that something is coming in the next book. I just don't know how I will make it until "Fall 2008"!!! Seriously?!? They can't put it out sooner than that?!? So, I am once again reading the first book, just to keep my mind occupied and also because I have to get my "Bella & Edward" fix!!!

So those of you who don't know me too well, probably think I am some sort of psycho!! Those of you who know me almost as well as I do myself (Karie?) know that this is just me. Truthfully, I am a bit quirky!! I admit it!! So, I tend to become obsessed and addicted to things........like chocolate covered pretzels, for instance. Usually I tend to obsess over a certain food or movie and when I do, I just have to eat that certain food or watch that certain movie, over and over again!!! I just can't control myself. Usually after a while, the obsession slowly fades. So, my fear with this whole book thing (which usually doesn't happen because I DONT READ!!) is that it has serveral other books still up and coming!! (It will be years until I can get this out of my system and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if I want to!!) Of course, I can't wait until the 4th is released but she's also working on a book that mirrors the 1st book but it's coming from Edward's first person other than Bella's. So we'll get to see his point of view!!! She has posted the first 20 pgs of that book on her website and let me just say, it's amazing!!!! I can't wait!!! So, one final point that I would like to share is that I am now an official member of the "I Love Alice" and "I Love Edward" fan clubs!!! Yes, I admit it, I even ordered the T-shirts, so I will be sporting my new prized possessions within a couple of weeks!!! I am sooooooo excited!!!

I also want to point out that I have happily passed on my obsession of these books to my dear mother, who is almost through with the first book and also my dear friend Jackie, who is a little more hesitant about admitting her obsession but she can't hide it from me :) My mom saw her in Walmart carrying the book with her so that when she went out to eat with her husband's family, she could hopefully get a chance to read some of it!!! I swear, once you get past a certain part of the book, there's no turning back!!! It's like some sort of drug in your system, or something!!! You might as well just enjoy the addiction because you can't get rid of it. So Jackie, I plan on checking you blog here shortly, and I would like to see at least one small paragraph admitting to your "drug" addiction and instead of fighting it, embrassing it!!! :)

I think I better go get ready for church! I hopefully will get to talk with Kelsee (the girl who introduced me to Edward Cullen, sigh....) so that I can let her know the monster she has created. She won't find it hard to recognize it in me because she too is a monster herself :)

1 comment:

  1. Edward???? Vampires???? does this adhere to the strength of youth guidelines on entertainment and media???? LOL

    ReplyDelete