Yesterday I went on a "girls night out" with some ladies in my ward. I jumped at the chance because as I stated, in my last post, I am bored out of my mind!!! I thought that it would give me a chance to get Edward off my mind :) Well, all I have to say is that Edward has many fans and I found myself in a huge vehicle full of Twilight fanclub members!! Or should I say "Edward" fanclub members. So needless to say, I wasn't able to escape from Edward and Bella but I suppose I didn't mind :) I also realized that the addiction is really wide spread and that I am not alone in the "detox" process!! That made me feel somehow better, knowing that I'm not alone in all of this!
Us ladies went to Gardener Village which is just a quaint shopping place with lots of little shops full of girly stuff!! It was fun to just get out and not have to worry about a screaming 16 month old!! Afterwards, we went to Chili's to eat and the conversation was of course about the Twilight books. I have decided that I am going to have to contact Stephenie Meyer and insist that I start getting a cut of her profits. I am convincing people to purchase her books and of course, her "fanclub" Tshirts!! I think I deserve something for my efforts :)
On the way home, I think we had convinced the two within the vehicle who hadn't read the books yet, to do so. The more the merrier, right? We (Ashley and I) also tried convince everyone to start a blog. We have decided that we need more "friend links" on our blog pages. That way when we go "blog stalking" we'll have more to choose from incase there aren't alot of new entries. So hopefully soon you will begin to see my "friend links" growing longer and longer! I'm so excited about that :)!!!
So this was my poor attempt to post something that didn't revolve around Edward. I know it's pretty sad but I did mention Gardener Village, right?!? :) I know I will get better as the days go by and hopefully I'll start doing more stuff that I can blog about. But as for now, please just bare with me..."this too shall pass" right?!?...well that is until August 2008 and then it will all resurface again! Oh, I can't wait!!
Hey Celeste,
ReplyDeleteI'm using Ammon's email, but this is Jen. It is fun to see your blog! It was great to have you there last night. We did talk about a FEW things besides Twilight, so hopefully we can help wean you off of it slowly! I'll let you know when I get finished reading it and we can go through detox together.:)
See you later,
Jen