We were so proud when Hannah came home with a paper that explained to us that she had been selected the "Student of the Month" for the month of March. She was so excited because she said that she had wanted this since she was in Kindergarten (I didn't even know they did "student of the month" at her school). Greg was able to go over for the ceremony on April 3rd, 2009, which made Hannah so proud! We, and a bunch of our friends from our ward, cheered for her so loudly that Mr. Stubbs commented on the fact that he hadn't heard such a loud cheer for a "Student of the Month" before. Hannah was nervous but she was very proud of herself. While her teacher, Mrs. Webb, spoke of the things that Hannah had done to recieve this honor, Hannah just sat there grinning from ear-to-ear. I love seeing her so happy, especially when it's from such an accomplishment. I'm sure her self-esteem went up several notches after this award.

Hannah receiving her award from Mr. Stubbs, who I believe is a Vice-principle.
Hannah with her teacher, Mrs. Webb.

At one point I looked around to check on Gabe, and he had made himself at home with the kids who were watching the ceremony. He looked so cute sitting there. Gabe can't wait to go to school like his "big sissy".

Me and my amazing little girl, who seems to be growing up right before my eyes!

Hannah, Gabe and Daddy. Hannah was so thankful that her Daddy could come see her get her reward. I don't think it would have been the same if he wouldn't have been there.
Congratulations on such a big accomplishment Hannah! You are completely amazing and I love you!!
That's pretty cool. We've got student of the month around here but no cool ceremony to let them know how cool they really are. I think that's neat! by the way, is that little orange jacket that Gabe is wearing the one from Dustin? it made me smile when I saw it, and even if it's not the same one it brings back little Dustin memories for me.
ReplyDeleteOk, so as I was reading all of your updated blog posts I was leaving comments. Then I decided you probably wouldn't realize that I was doing that so I figure I'll just comment here.
ReplyDeleteIt's been fun to see all of the fun things the family has been doing. Also, I've never seen the backyard with the fence up. It looks great! I still have in my mind when there wasn't a fence of sorts.
I'm glad you are updating the blog!
You know what's funny? I was wondering where I got that sweater from! I totally LOVE it! Gabe just barely out grew it. If you ever want it back for memory sake, just let me know :)
ReplyDelete