Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun Photo Shoot for Father's Day

First, I want to start off by saying, "please bare with me. I took over 500 photos and it was SO hard picking out a few to share!!!"

I had a couple of friends who were interested in having me take pics of their kids for a Father's Day gift for their husbands. I was thrilled at the thought (I love taking pictures!!) and flattered that they would want me to do so :)

I think the pictures turned out really cute. They were taken on June 10th, 2009. Here a few of them...


I start off with this photo for the sole reason that this is a typical "Hannah pose" and she loves it. Almost everytime I take pics of Hannah she strikes this pose. It dates back to Easter of 2003. It's now become a tradition.


So, I really had a hard time picking which photos I would add of Livy because they were all so cute!! She's such a pretty little thing. If things work out as Greg and I have planned, she'll be our daughter-in-law in about 19 years :)


Handsome Gabers. We were just driving along and Ashley saw this old building so we checked it out. We found this vintage looking spot and began taking photos. Then a girl came out, with a HUGE dog, from the house next door. Ashley asked if it was her building and it turned out to be but the girl said it was ok to take pictures, so we were happy :)


Then it was off to find another spot to take more fun pics. As we were driving we see this wonderful barn but it's in someone's back yard. We realize that the home was for rent, and after knocking and getting no answer, we decided that it was fair game. Barn pictures...here we come!!


Little Olivia (neither her nor Gabe were in the mood to smile).


Can't get a boy to smile, give him a tool to smash the "coming out of nowhere" crazy ants that were crawling all around him...that'll put a smile on his face!

Beautiful Hannah. I was gonna have her climb inside so I could get a shot of her looking out the window but since we were trespassing, I thought better of the situation.


Off to another location, a park in Highland. It was drizzling but the trees kept us pretty dry.


Hannah on the awesome red bridge.


Jaxon posing by the stream


Got a smile from Livy! I think Ashley was acting like a monkey or something, at this point. It turned out beautiful though.


Gabe's turn by the bridge...Ashley still being a monkey!


We had the kids climb onto a really cool tree branch that spanned out over the grass. At first they were pretty hesitant (you can't tell by this shot but it was pretty high. I'm standing on a hill so that I'm level with them) but they finally gave it and we got some cute shots.


Jaxon always had a big smile on. I love this photo.

Beautiful Hannah and the tree. She was the hardest to get up there. It took both Ashley and I to do it.


The fun red bridge that I turned to black and white. Love this photo!


Livy on the tree. We tried to get Gabe to go up but he wasn't havin' it!


Caden with a big smile.


By the end of the day, this is what taking pictures was like!! The older kids were still somewhat hanging in there but the two little ones were FINISHED!! The older kids got a kick out of Ashley trying to get Gabe and Olivia to sit up!

Good times...can't wait until I get to do it again!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love the shots you got, especially the red barn pictures and the one of Gabe sitting. It looks like you had a perfect overcast day to take pictures, no shadows!

    That mother picture frame you made for mother's day is so cool! and I like how you and Greg celebrate Hannah as well.I've never thought of that before,but it's a perfect way to show the importance to daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're pics look great--I'm so sad that it didn't work out for us to get ours done before father's day---I'd still like to do them sometime as a way late fathers day if you have the time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we'd had a ton of rain and overcast skies for the first 3 weeks of June...it was awesome (I love that kind of weather)! Perfect picture taking weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As soon as baby Elsie is here - back to the posing!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete