Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Mommy-Daughter Date

This month I had the specail opportunity to go on a "Mommy-Daughter Date" with Hannah. It was an activity for her Achievement Days. Hannah was very excited about it because she was going to get to do my hair and my make-up. It was a kind-of pampering activity, focused mainly on the inner beauty but also on having fun with our outer beauty.

I think Hannah did a wonderful job on my make-over, starting with my glitter mascara and ending with my fancy twists in my hair! She was thrilled that I did her make-up and put a braid, with beads on the end of it, in her hair. We also did each other's nails and gave each other foot massages. It was a VERY GIRLY evening, spent with my favorite "girly".

It was a fun bonding activity that I think we may do more often just in our own home.




The "before" picture


Hannah's "after" picture...(I really didn't put tons of make-up on her but she felt so grown up. It was cute to see how confident and beautiful she felt....funny how mak-up and outer beauty stuff can do that to us!)


Hannah applying the "sparkle" mascara! HOT stuff...gotta get me some of that! :)


My fun hair with twists in it! I had a few in the back as well and also my bangs were up in a twist. I was very impressed! I think she did a wonderful job!!
The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment