Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ethan's 9th Birthday Party

One tradition in our family is to have a birthday party for everyone in the family, no matter the age. During the spring and summer, it's not that bad but come fall and winter, we get bombarded with parties. But we're happy that it gives us a reason to get together with our family. It's fun creating memories for our kids. They love their cousins so much. It's fun to see them together.

This party on June 6th, 2009 was for Ethan James McCrone, my cousin James' little boy.


The Birthday boy, Ethan, with our gift to him. I took a wild stab at what a 9yr old boy would like and I hit it out of the park (thanks to the crowd of boys at the store all staring at these particular cards with toys...Bakugan?). I'm glad he liked it because I had tried to find Pokeman cards and couldn't.


Ethan getting Pokeman cards from someone...where did they find them?!? I looked EVERYWHERE!!



Ethan reading his card and Hannah too.


I think this is a funny pic cuz James actually considered holding the pinata with this short little rope. I kept thinking he had some sort of death wish or something. But someone finally brought him a longer rope, which then eased my stress about the whole situation. Because I just knew, it would have been one of my kids that would have smacked him where no man wants to get smacked!


Buddy taking his turn at the pinata. He didn't want to use the blindfold, which was fine. They had to hold it still so he could actually hit it. He seemed rather thrilled by the fact that he was allowed to hit something with a BIG stick. Not sure if I'm too happy about that.


Hannah's turn. She hit it several times but couldn't break it. That pinata was made out of steel or something. Someone had to beat the thing to death to get the candy to finally come out.
Now allow me to intoduce the whole gang, well, most of them...

Me and my grandma.


All the kids...Brittany (pink), Eolana (yellow), Braydn (red), Ethan (white), Hannah (sitting), Jocelyn (purple), Avienda (pink shorts), Jenesie (spelling?-blue), and Gabe (orange).


On the loose...Gabe wasn't being very cooperative. It was Hannah's job to hold onto him. Look how shocked she looks that he got away. I do believe that he's part Hudini (spelling?) because he does seem to get out of things rather easily.


Alexa and Gabe


Me and my handsome Gregor


(L-R) Jocelyn, Jenesie, Eolana, and Hannah


Eolana and Hannah. They love playing with each other. They're not only cousins, they're friends. You know what's interesting about these girls, they are 3rd cousins, just like my Grandpa and the George from Delaware. It makes me realize just how much they missed by not knowing each other because of some silly (I'm sure) family fued.


My grandma and mom

Ofi...she's so funny! You gotta love Ofi!


Willis, Jenny, and their oldest daughter Jocelyn.


Patty Jean! Just kidding, her name is Patty Darlene but I like calling her "Patty Jean". It's an inside joke...I'm laughing but I know no one else is.


Jenny and her mother, Tamera (my Uncle George's x-wife).


My uncle George and Eolana
Rachel with her baby, Levi and Guy Paul, Tamera's husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment