Sunday, August 23, 2009

Surprised?

Ok, so I'm sitting here, in the desert, in the middle of August with rain falling all around me. Am I surprised?!? No, no I'm not! Because today across the complete state of Utah, all LDS church classes have been canceled so that the entire state could watch the Oquirrh Hills Temple dedication in every Stake Center in Utah. It's kind-of like General Conference...almost everyone is accompanied by rain. I love the rain! I love how calming it is and how it makes everything so beautiful and fresh and new! I think it's a loving gift from our Heavenly Father or maybe even the angels crying for joy at the new temple being dedicated! (That's what I would have thought when I was a kid and it still makes me happy inside to think of it that way!)

Greg and Hannah went to the 9am dedication session and I get to go with my mom to the 3pm session. I can't wait! It's so amazing how a simple Stake Center can have the feel of you walking into a temple, when a temple dedication is going on in it! The Spirit is just so strong and so wonderful!!

Have I said lately just how much I love this gospel? And how grateful I am for having it in my life? And how amazing it is that my children are being raised with a righteous father who holds and honors the priesthood? I'm not sure how Greg and I managed to make it to where we are, coming from where we came from, but words can't express how thankful I am!! What a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment