Friday, August 21, 2009

Interesting Day

Ok, so today something happened that never happens! I got Hannah off to school, did the laundry, read Gabe a couple of books, took a shower, laid Gabe down for a nap, and then I found myself....bored!! Literally bored!! I was like..."What do I do now?!?" I thought about taking a nap but I wasn't really tired so that option was out. So instead, I decided, for the first time in I don't know how long, to turn on the TV in the middle of the day! I watched the finals for "So You Think You Can Dance" (had it taped from when I was on vacation). Yes, so I sat on my couch, drinking my Diet Coke (drug-free) and eating whatever thing I felt like and watched my show. Complete couch potato!!

Now, I would like to say that it felt good and that I deserved it but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Actually, I feel like I wasted 2 hrs of precious time but I'm not sure what I "should have" done instead! I mean there's always something, right?!? I had debated on going to my craft room and scrapbooking but our upstairs is too hot for that (I don't have a ceiling fan in my craft room) and I thought about doing some genealogy but opted out of that too because I already have so much to organize. I suppose I could've organized my genealogy but I didn't think of that until just now. I also realized, after the fact, that I could've read more of an interesting book I'm reading but didn't cross my mind.

I think what's happened is for the past 3 weeks I've been working on the "vacation book" and "blog book" and now that they're both done, I feel like I don't have a "project" to focus on, I feel bored. It's a very strange feeling...to feel like you have nothing to do!

Tomorrow better be more interesting because I WILL NOT become a couch potato in the middle of the day again, I'll save that until after the kids are in bed. It's totally a-okay to turn into a couch potato after 8:30pm at night...right?!?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should allow yourself every once in a while to just relax-it doesn't hurt anything to have me time. You'll just have to find a hobby you can do while watching a movie or TV show-then you don't feel as guilty :o)

    ReplyDelete