Gabe turned 3 yrs old on May 11th and we decided it was time to get him out of his crib. We had purchased a bed for him a while back but Greg hadn't found the time to put it together, which didn't make me sad because the thought of my baby boy growing up wasn't a fun one. Infact, I was really sad about getting rid of the crib because Gabe sincerely loved his crib. He was the happiest there, then almost anywhere else. He'd wake up in the middle of the night and just play in it...bounce around, do tumbling and flipping...he just loved it. And also the thought of Gabe having FREEDOM freaked me out as well. Since he did tend to wake up in the middle of the night and play, I didn't want him roaming through the house all alone. We put a door knob cover on the inside of his door to keep him in, which worked great. But I did have to make sure that I "Buddy proofed" his room. Everything was bulted to the wall, only safe toys, and I put locks on the closet doors to keep him out. Well, actually, I didn't do the locks on the closet doors until a few days after, which was a TOTAL nightmare!! He had EVERYTHING he could get his tiny little hands on, that was in the closet, out of the closet...spread ALL OVER his room!! Nothing like trying to get shampoo and lotion out of the carpet, plus a whole packet of wipes wasted! Wish I would have thought of the closet locks sooner!
Anyway, Greg put together his "car bed" on May 16th and Gabe did wonderful in it. He loved the fact that it was a Lightening McQueen bed. He kept saying..."Ka-chow!! Ka-chow!!" But he was bummed that the wheels didn't move...the designers didn't think that one all the way through, especially when it comes to little boys.
Taking down the crib. I must admit, I was a bit emotional about it.
Buddy looks thrilled that he's finally getting his "car bed".
The symbol that stirs up pure love when Gabe sees it..."Ka-chow!"
The disappointing wheels...what were those manufacturers thinking? Did they not know how extra cool that "Ka-chow" bed would have been if the wheels would have turned?!?
Buddy waiting patiently for his dad to put the "lights" onto his bed. He really was so excited about the whole thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment