Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tae Kwon Do

I have always been interested in the martial arts, not the movies by any means, but the actual act of doing them. While in Texas, I got to go to my friend's kid's Tae Kwon Do classes and I just sat there thinking, "I need to do this!" So, once I was home, I thought about it and finally decided that I was serious and that I wanted to take classes (running wasn't "enjoyable" and I needed to find some form of exercise that I'd "want" to do).

Well, last night was my first class. It went really well except for me almost passing out because I was locking my knees..."Keep my knees bent!! Keep my knees bent!!" I kept reminding myself. The instructor was very very positive about my coordination and ability to do the moves on the first day. That made me feel so good!! I have to say that I'm a bit sore today but nothing that I can't handle. In fact, I love this kind of sore...it means I got in some good exercise!! YIPPEE!!!

Here I am in my nice new uniform...I ate a choc. dipped ice cream on the way home from class (I gave myself a reward for getting positive feedback) and if you look really close, you can see it ALL OVER my uniform!!! Not my smartest choice. But I'm glad to say that it came out with a little elbow grease and a cycle in the washing machine. And, for those of you who are knowledgeable in Tae Kwon Do, I know that my fist is in the wrong place in the photo but I was in a hurry to get my chocolate-covered uniform off and into the washer. I was like, "Hurry and take a picture Greg! Hurry!!" I didn't stop to think about where my fist was suppose to be! The next photos I post will be better and maybe I'll be wearing a different belt, as well! :)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Very cool. Justin saw you last night and thought that sounded fun. I'm glad you really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was a ton of fun! I'm glad I didn't chicken out because just before I walked in, I thought about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!!! I am so impressed that you jumped on the opportunity and your desire to do that. It gives me confidence to actually act on my goals. Now I'm totally wishing you lived here so we could go together....uhm, if I ever sign up! Keep me posted! You rock!

    ReplyDelete